Butterfly

Sunday 21 October 2012

Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake (Hubby's birthday)



For my husband's birthday last week i wanted to make this cake because he loves raspberry ripple ice cream, unfortunately I now know this does not extend to fresh raspberries; but he liked the chocolate cake part. The recipe came from 'The Home of Fabulous Cakes' currently on TV, hosted by Fiona Cairns, who made William and Kate's cake for the Royal Wedding. The cake uses toasted ground hazelnuts instead of flour and  the egg whites had to be whisked like a meringue before being incorporated into the mixture. It's topped with a chocolate ganache then the raspberries. My first go at ganache and it worked, I especially loved the taste of hazelnuts through the cake too; I love hazelnuts..



No comments:

Post a Comment